Lifetime Access to Videos Learn to build a website using Dreamweaver and Wordpress!
In these 35 videos, we take someone with only beginners HTML and CSS skills, through the steps needed to build a website with the worlds most popular blogging engine, Wordpress. The website and custom themes are setup using Adobe's Dreamweaver CS5.
These videos will teach you everything you need to know to setup a Wordpress website, including: Custom Themes, Dynamic Top Level Navigation, Sidebars, Plug-ins, and much more. Check out the video list below for more information!
The website and custom themes are setup using Adobe's Dreamweaver CS5 - but you don't need to use Dreamweaver to take advantage of this course.
It is assumed that the viewer understands HTML and a bit of CSS. A basic understanding of PHP is helpful, but not required.
While its best to follow along and write the code, the project files are still included in this video - for those lazy folks out there!
Table of Contents:
Total Running Time: 4 hours 33 minutes
Total File Size: 1.4 GB
Chapter 1: Introduction to Wordpress
Chapter 2: Working with Wordpress
- Wordpress Settings (13:22)
- Pages and Posts (3:17)
- Creating Posts (8:51)
- Pages and Categories (11:27)
- Inserting Images (8:35)
- Inserting Videos (5:51)
- Changing The Home Page (5:29)
- Wordpress Themes (9:23)
- Widgets (10:37)
- Custom Menus (11:46)
- Changing the Background (11:16)
- Custom Header (3:49)
Chapter 3: Dreamweaver and Wordpress
- Dynamically Related Files (4:44)
- Dynamically Related Files Filter (3:44)
- Dreamweaver Live View Options (2:51)
- Dreamweaver Live Code (3:30)
Chapter 4: Styling Wordpress in Dreamweaver
- Customizing Themes (9:43)
- Dreamweaver Inspect Mode (3:32)
- Modifying the Background in Dreamweaver (6:19)
- Modifying the Header (10:48)
- Inserting the Custom Logo (17:53)
- Styling the Navigation (7:19)
- Styling the Footer (13:26)
- Styling Links (6:13)
- Styling the Input Tag (5:18)
Chapter 5: Wordpress Plugins
- Wordpress Plugins (9:29)
- Styling Plugins (4:04)
- Creating A Picture Gallery (4:39)
Chapter 6: Publishing Wordpress
- Publishing Wordpress (10:36)
- Configuring the Database (6:04)
- Exporting and Importing Pages (9:13)